We offer functional fitness workouts for the entire population—no matter your age, ability, or experience level. To maximize your experience, we ask all beginners to complete an Introductory Session, as well as our Foundations classes.
Step 1: Free Introductory Session
Your first step on the road to improved fitness is a free one hour introductory session with one of our coaches, which may include:
- A discussion about you—including your medical history, training goals, and expectations.
- Warm ups. Your coach will take you through a mobility warm up and introduce the skills you’ll need during your workout.
- Workout. You’ll then be taken through a 10 to 15 minute workout that we will scale to meet your current abilities.
Our goal during this session is to answer any questions you may have about whether our program is right for you.
Step 2: Foundations Classes
Our Foundations program begins every other Tuesday. You’ll need to attend Tuesday and Thursday for two weeks. These classes are designed to help you understand how to be mechanically efficient in our core set of movements, which include:
- Front Squat
- Overhead Squat
- Pull Up
- Push Up
- Shoulder Press
- Push Press
- Push Jerk
- GHD Situp
- GHD Hip Extension
- Sumo Deadlift High Pull
- Medicine Ball Clean
- Box Jump
- Kettlebell Swing
Step 3: Group Classes
Once you have completed our Foundations/On Ramp program, you’ll be equipped with the knowledge and skills to participate in our group classes. In these classes, one of our coaches will take you through the Workout of the Day (WOD), which consists of:
- Skill-based warm up. Review, practice and refinement of basic and advanced skills.
- Strength training. Specific work geared towards increasing your stability, strength, and power.
- Metabolic conditioning. A combination of functional movements—gymnastics, weightlifting, and calisthenics—performed as fast as possible.
- Cool down. Skill work or stretching.
Contact us at 631-909-7377, CrossFittest@gmail.com or stop by today to schedule your first session!