CrossFit Kryptonite offers results-based fitness solutions for the entire population. No matter who you are and what your ability level is, you will get fitter.
In order to maximize your experience and achieve the best possible results from our program, we ask you to complete an Introductory Session (every Saturday @ 10 am. You must sign up in advance) as well as our Foundations/On Ramp class prior to participating in our Group Classes.
Step 1: Free Introductory Session
Your first step on the road to improved fitness is a free one hour introductory session with one of our coaches. This session will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Discussion about you: Medical history, your experience with exercise, training goals, any special needs, your expectations of our coaches.
- Discussion about us: The principles of CrossFit training.
- Warm Up: Your coach will take you through a brief mobility warm up, introducing some of the skills you will need during your workouts.
- Workout: You will then be taken through a 10-15 minute workout, introducing the standards we will hold you to as coaches and integrating proper technique and intensity. The workout will be scaled to meet your current ability level.
- Q&A: Our goal during this session is to answer any questions you may have about whether our program is right for you. If you still have questions following the workout, now is the time to have them addressed in order to make the right decision. Contact us by email CrossFittest@gmail.com or by phone (631) 909-7377 and we will set up your free introductory work out.
Step 2: Foundations/On Ramp
Behind CrossFit’s programming is Mechanics–Consistency–Intensity.
Mechanics first, then Consistency in your mechanics and your workouts, and finally Intensity for increased work capacity.
This philosophy is one of the major staples of CrossFit. Our Foundations/On Ramp program begins the first and third Monday of every month. They are designed for you to understand how to be mechanically efficient in our core set of movements. It is very important you attend all On Ramp/Foundations classes. If you miss a class, it is your responsibility to make it up through private one-on-one sessions for an additional hourly fee. If your busy schedule does not coincide with ANY of our On Ramp/Foundations scheduled classes, we can accommodate you with ALL private sessions. During On Ramp/Foundations sessions you will learn proper execution of the following movements:
- Front Squat
- Overhead Squat
- Pull Up
- Push Up
- Shoulder Press
- Push Press
- Push Jerk
- GHD Situp
- GHD Hip Extension
- Sumo Deadlift High Pull
- Medicine Ball Clean
- Box Jump
- Kettlebell Swing
You will also be introduced to the following principles that will help ensure you receive the maximum benefit from our Group Classes:
- Standards – Importance of range of motion and technique on all exercises and repetitions, despite increasing levels of intensity
- Managing intensity and knowing physical limits
- Appropriate scaling methods
Step 3: Group Classes
Once you have completed our Foundations/On Ramp program, you will be equipped with the knowledge and skills to participate in our Group Classes. In these classes, one of our coaches will take you through the Workout of the Day (WOD). The WOD will typically consist of all or some of the following components:
- Skill-based Warm-Up: Review, practice and refinement of basic and advanced skills.
- Strength Training: Specific work geared towards increasing your stability, strength and power. An example of this would be 5 sets of 5 reps of Back Squats performed with as much weight as you can safely handle with proper technique and range of motion.
- Metabolic Conditioning: A combination of functional movements (gymnastics, weightlifting, calisthenics, etc.) performed for a time-specific or task-specific outcome. An example of this would be: 3 rounds of 400 meter run, 21 kettlebell swings and 12 pull-ups performed as fast as possible.
- Cool-Down: Skill work or stretching.
Our workouts are infinitely scalable (adjusted to your skill, strength, and fitness level) .
Contact us @631-909-7377, CrossFittest@gmail.com, or stop by today to schedule your first session or ask us anything you need to know to get started!